Monday, October 31, 2011

Student Spotlight: Rachel Winter


This month's Student Spotlight features graphic design student Rachel Winter... continue on to read about one of our fall semester's graduating seniors!





.::. Basics .::.
Rachel Winter
BFA Graphic Design
December 2011

.::. Other Specs .::.
•CMYK Stritch’s AIGA student chapter, Programming Officer ('10-'11) school year
•Current active member of Stritch and Wisconsin AIGA chapters
•Open Box Project, displayed artwork & delivered speech
•Delta Epsilon Sigma National Honors Society Member

{Children's Hope Network Branding Book}

{ZEA Salon Promotional Postcard}

{Business Cards - Front}



{Business Cards - Back}

{The Wright Type - Font}

{Photo Manual}


.::. Artist Statement .::.

As a young and passionate graphic designer, Design in Flight, guides client needs to new levels through graphic design. I bridge good design into great design by looking beyond spatial limitations. My sensibility to architecture and graphics will provide a structured flight experience to those in need of a strong liftoff. I believe it is important to meet the wants, needs, and expectations of a client while pushing the boundaries of design. By pushing boundaries in design I simultaneously soar beyond competitors and improve my talent.
I create with a strong sense of spatial sensitivity through design inspired by architectural space and structures. At the age of thirteen I had the opportunity to visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home and studio called Taliesin West, in Scottsdale Arizona. I was truly inspired because I saw a structure that was specifically designed around the desert environment—form followed function. I didn’t just see a building; I saw large-scale art form with a unique purpose. From then on architecture has been at the core and inspiration for my designs.

I believe design has a purpose and a function for every person who makes contact with it. Whether walking through a building, using a product, or seeing advertisements, it affects people’s everyday lives. As a designer, it is my job to focus on creating a powerful relationship between design and its audience—the client and the target market. My work continuously explores geometry, negative and positive space, scale, and depth. My foundation in architecture has helped develop my design style over the past five years. In the future I would like to maximize my talent through art direction.  And continue to expand more deeply into advertising, exhibition, interior, experience, and package design. With passion comes great design, which is why my passion for design transfers through each active project.  

.::. Elevator Pitch .::. 
Design in Flight, guides client needs to new levels through graphic design. I bridge good design to great design by looking beyond spatial limitations. My sensibility to architecture and graphics will provide a structured flight experience to those in need of a strong liftoff. 





.::. Contact .::.
Visit Rachel's website
View Rachel's portfolio
Send Rachel a tweet
Link up with Rachel






1 comment:

Tim Ablerr said...

Rachel,
This looks great, wonderful presentation!
Adios,
Tim